Saturday, August 23, 2014

Summer fun collecting crystals and shells

Did you have a great summer? I did. This summer, I swam on the Fast Frogs swim team and we went to San Antonio, Arkansas, Chicago, and Grand Cayman. We collected lots of crystals in Arkansas and shells at Grand Cayman. 

In Arkansas, we went to a crystal mine before we went on a lake. We found quartz crystals in the mine and we found some on islands at the lake too. My favorite crystal was one that I sold to a friend for $9. It was clear and pointy and it was very big.




We collected a lot of shells on the beach in Grand Cayman. The shells were all sorts of colors and designs. They were white, brown, and yellow. My dad found a big clamshell for me and my sister when he was snorkeling.


- Peyton

2 comments:

  1. I recognize those shells! We had do much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda looks like you're wearing a cape in the top picture. SUPER Peyton, collector of crystals!!

    ReplyDelete